Finance & Accounting Director
Lea S. Rasmussen is a Director of Warren Whitney, working with clients seeking fractional and interim CFO services. She brings over 20 years of experience helping organizations in financial reporting, internal controls, and budgeting. Lea helps clients assess and enhance their finance and accounting functions. Lea ensures timely and accurate financial reporting to support audit readiness and guides clients through the implementation of GAAP standards.
Roles & Areas of Expertise:
- Fractional CFO/Controller
- Financial Management
- Financial Controls
- Cash Management
- Cashflow planning
- Employee Development
- Internal Controls
Education & Certifications:
- BS in Business Administration, University of Mary Washington
- Certified CPA, Commonwealth of Virginia
Professional & Volunteer Associations:
- Sargeant J. Reynolds Educational Foundation, Board Member and Treasurer
- The Valentine Museum, Board Member and Finance Committee Chair
- Richmond Public Library Foundation, Former Board Member and Treasurer
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
In addition to improving client accounting and finance operations, Lea serves as the link between the owners/board of directors and outside advisors, including bankers, CPAs, attorneys, and financial advisors. Focused on solving problems for positive outcomes, Lea is known for her collaborative style.
Lea joins Warren Whitney after 20 years at regional accounting firms. Most recently, she was an audit and tax partner focused on closely held businesses and non-profits. Along with outside advisors, Lea supported clients with tax planning and reviewing corporate partnerships and Form 990 tax returns. During her time in public accounting, she guided clients through best practices in financial reporting, internal controls, and tax matters.