Janet L. Duncan
Human Resources Director
Janet Duncan is a director of Warren Whitney with more than 25 years of extensive human resources and compensation management experience focusing on long-term, competitive strategies to attract, retain, and engage top talent and achieve cost management. Janet provides a full range of HR consulting services and strategic solutions and often serves in an interim HR director role for our clients.
Roles & Areas of Expertise:
- Interim HR Director
- Executive Recruiting & Search Services
- Compensation Consulting
- Human Resources & Compliance Audits
- Performance Management
- Employee Focus Groups
- Culture Definition
- Change Management
- Compliance, Process Improvement & Policy Development
- Leadership Development & Counsel
Education & Certifications:
- MS in Human Resources Management, Georgia State University
- BS in Sociology & Research, University of Wisconsin at Madison
- Empowered Workforce Certification
- Hay Job Evaluation Certification
- Certified Targeted Selection Behavioral-based Interviewer/Trainer
- National Human Resources Certifications & Facilitator
Professional & Volunteer Associations:
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM), Richmond chapter & National chapter, Member
- Williamsburg Community Chapel, Volunteer
- Williamsburg Christian Academy, Volunteer
- World Vision, Volunteer
Janet is a trusted counselor to our clients with an experienced outside viewpoint that helps her develop customized solutions for each client that provide a clear direction to company goals and objectives.
Janet’s specialties are implementing HR projects and processes including acquisition/merger compensation, performance management, employment/staffing, and training/development. She enjoys rolling up her sleeves whether in an interim HR management role or working on a short-term project.
Janet’s primary focus throughout her career has been with Fortune 500 companies at the corporate, regional, and manufacturing/distribution work environment levels. Her industry experience spans manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, energy (oil & coal), consumer products, social services, education, and associations.
Prior to joining Warren Whitney, Janet helped numerous organizations as a senior HR consultant, including Westmoreland Coal Company, Performance Food Group, and McKesson. She also served in HR leadership roles for SC Johnson, Kraft Foods, and BP Amoco.